Friday, March 13, 2015

Modernism Week - Design Plan



The Design Plan







Before the girls and I could set out to warm and sunny Palm Springs I had to formulate my design. The color direction for the master bath was green and blue which is PERFECT to create a masculine look.

            


                  

              Every design starts with an inspiration which molds the whole look. Wondering what that was? Marble walls! This element weaved together the whole look by creating a base for the design. By blending in rich variations of navy and emerald I was able to accomplish a fresh and clean look.

    
  

Now, flat colors are NEVER fun. 
When thinking of how I could add some spice into the room my mind flew directly 
to à wallpaper! Lacquered Strié and Mad For Plaid by Phillip Jefferies were the winning choices! These components added personality to the space, intriguing people to take a peek!


    After deciding on the furniture, 
the final step was the accessories! Intricate lighting, artwork and plants were used to complete the space.




Once the design was set and ready to go, so were we! 
Saturday February 7th, the girls and I woke up bright and early, said goodbye to  cold and snowy New York and hello to sunny California! 





No comments:

Post a Comment